- Makes spelling easy and fun.
- Play spelling games and earn trophies.
- Worksheets: Word Scramble, Multiple Choice, Word Search, Fill in the Blank.
- Practice spelling lists online from anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Spelling lists are available 24/7.
- See, hear, and type each spelling word.
- Practice sentences help build vocabulary.
- Spelling tests are graded instantly.
- Students can track progress through reports.
- Works on laptops, tablets, and phones (install as an app).
- Students can log in with their Google Classroom account.
- Works with Google Classroom: Rostering, Assigning Work, Syncing Grades. .
- Saves time! Spelling tests and other activities are graded instantly!
- Copy and paste spelling lists into our system, and upload or enter words manually.
- Practice, games, pretests, tests, and worksheets use your spelling words or ours.
- Reports are generated for teachers and students.
- Create Differentiated Spelling Lists
- Students can practice and play spelling games at home or at school.
- Multisensory learning improves retention.
- Each student has a unique user id and password.
- Share lists with other teachers or between courses.
- Easily create review lists.
- Turn on Anti-Cheating Guard for tests and pretests.
- Install Spelling Stars as an App
- Add VocabularyStars.com at a discounted rate.
- Select an alternate accent to US English such as Australianor British English
- Private. Secure. COPPA Compliant.
- Check student grades online.
- Student can practice and play games on any device.
- Practicing helps improve spelling test scores.
- No lost spelling lists.
- Students can practice independently.
- Homeschools can use our spelling curriculum.
- Students love it!
Educational Online Spelling Games for Kids
Play online spelling games with your words or ours. If you create custom spelling lists, we use your words to populate the spelling games. Games are an excellent way to keep kids focused and interested in spelling. Our games will challenge students by recognizing words, filling in the blanks, matching words, and more. We also provide reports that show how many times your students have played each game per list.
Online Spelling Tests, Practice & Spelling Games
Spelling Stars is an online spelling program designed for school use or homeschool use. Teachers can create different list levels, assign specific tests by class or individual then check out the online spelling tests or pre-tests when ready. Students can take tests, practice spelling, and play spelling games from school, home, or anywhere with an Internet connection. Tests and Pre-Tests are graded automatically and stored in easy-to-view reports for teachers and students. Parents can also track student test scores by logging into their student's accounts. Spelling Stars makes spelling easy and fun!
Google Classroom Integration
Spelling Stars and Google Classroom work together seamlessly. Teachers can create a new account or log in with Google Classroom and tie their existing account to Google Classroom. At that point, teachers can sync their students, and students will be able to log in with their Google Classroom account. Once a teacher checks out a test, an assignment is created on Google Classroom. When students complete the test, teachers click one button to sync grades with their Google Classroom account. No need to copy grades by hand!
- Sign Up for a 7-Day Free Trial
- Google Classroom Integration (optional)
- Practice Spelling Online
- Take Spelling Tests Online
- Reports for Teachers & Students
- Make Your Own Spelling Lists
- Play Spelling Games Online
- Create Differentiated List Levels
- Copy Our Spelling Lists by Grade
- Create Spelling Bee Lists
Fun Educational Spelling Games
Your students are going to love playing spelling games online! We make it easy for all of your students to learn. Once you create a list and check out the practice section and spelling games for your students, they will be able to play up to ten games, depending on the plan you've selected. Each game has a purpose.
Word Search is a fun way for students to focus on recognizing their spelling words. Our Fill-in-the-Blank requires your student to fill in the missing letters. Spelling Soup gives your student time to recognize the correctly spelled word. Word Scramble has your student focus on trying to get the letters in the correct order. King Cactus is a hangman spelling game that allows your student to save the cactus when your student selects the correct letters. Our Spelling Memory Game is always a favorite because students have fun finding the right word matches. Herman's Mouse Maze requires your student to spell each word correctly to eat the cheese to continue to the end of the maze. Word Chopper is perfect for students who want to work on whittling away at their spelling lists. If students spell a word wrong, the word goes back into the queue to spell again. Lastly, Bink Bonk lets your student play their way through the spelling game by having to spell each word right to win.
Online Spelling Practice
Students can practice spelling online easily by logging in from home, school, or anywhere with an internet connection. The program works on mobile devices such as phones and tablets like iPads as well. Students log in with their user id and password and click on the practice in the menu. They will see the lists that their teacher has checked out for them. Students can choose to show or hide the spelling word during the practice session. If the student does not type in the correct spelling after three attempts, they will be shown the correct spelling to copy. Being able to see the word helps the student become more familiar with each spelling word more quickly. Assign spelling practice as spelling homework and track the number of times each student practices in teacher reports. Our practice section is a fantastic way to grow every student's spelling skills.
Online Spelling Tests
Spelling Stars online spelling tests are built for easy use by teachers and students. Teachers create a test by logging into their teacher account. Then the teacher will check that test out for students to see. If the test is not "checked out," students will not be able to see the test. This helps ensure that students are taking tests during the appropriate time. In addition to that, teachers can schedule tests for a future time and day. Once students complete the test, it is automatically graded, and reports are stored in the system by list and by student name for teachers. Students also have access to their reports anytime. Teachers are also able to create differentiated spelling tests for their students. Teachers can go into Student List Levels under the Students menu and decide if a student will get basic, challenge, or super challenge words or a combination of those three types. Please visit our tutorial video entitled How to Make Spelling Lists for detailed information.
If you are looking for a spelling website that allows you to create custom spelling lists, you are in the right place! As a teacher, you can copy our spelling lists and use them as-is or alter them to suit your needs. You can also use your school's spelling curriculum by typing in your spelling words. Once you create your spelling lists, you can use them year after year. You can create differentiated spelling lists so that each student gets the appropriate learning experience. Spelling Stars easily fits into your lesson plans and takes the work out of grading papers.
It's easy to view reports anytime by logging in as a student and clicking on the Reports tab or logging in as a teacher and clicking on the Reports tab. Teachers can view reports by student or by list. Teachers can set reports to calculate differently based on their needs as well. Note that Google Classroom reports are calculated as a percentage only. Additionally, parents can log in from home with the student's user id and password and see grades anytime. Spelling Stars makes it easy for teachers, students, and parents to track progress.