How to Connect Google Classroom with Spelling Stars Spelling App
Spelling Stars & Google Classroom: Manage Spelling Tests Easily
Spelling Stars is an approved Google Classroom App and integrates with Google Classroom seemlessly. No need to copy grades by hand! Login with Google Classroom, manage your spelling course there, check out tests on our site to create assignments and sync grades when students are done taking tests. Students can login with their Google Classroom account as well.
How To Set Up Google Classroom with Spelling Stars
It's easy to connect Spelling Stars to Google Classroom by following these simple steps below
- Create a course in Google Classroom where you want assignments(tests) and grades to go. For example, you might name it Spelling
- Share the class code with your students or invite your students to the course
- Go to Spelling Stars and Register or Login with your Google Classroom user id and password (if you already have an account with Spelling Stars and want to link it to your Google Classroom user id and password, you will be able to do that after you login
- Once you are logged in, you will be able to click a button that says "Associate My Google Account with My Old Account"
- Create lists or import lists go to menu Manage Lists
- Go to menu Students > Add/Edit/Delete Students to sync your Google Classroom student list with our site
- Once you have synced your students, you will click on a green button that says "Import My Students From Google Classroom"
- We will ask you which course you want to connect to Spelling Stars then click submit
- When you are ready to Assign Practice, Games and Test go to menu Assign Lists
- IMPORTANT: When you assign a test, it will create an assignment for your class in Google Classroom. Once students take the test, you can sync grades
- When you assign practice or games or pre-tests, reports are only available in Spelling Stars
- Sync grades by going to Reports > Reports by List then generating a report. At that point you will see a button to sync grades!